Construction sites can be difficult to keep secure given their outdoor exposure. They are often vulnerable to vandalism and theft. Here are some suggestions to minimize damage and theft of equipment, tools and materials.
1. A well-lit site cuts down the chances of vandalism and theft significantly. Motion
sensitive lights work best and can make it appear as if the site is occupied.
2. Develop a security plan and encourage all employees to be aware while working.
3. Hire security officers to patrol the site during off hours.
4. Assign one person to be in charge of all tools to sign them in and out. Keep a tight
inventory and number or name them.
5. Install locked storage sheds on the property and temporary lockable fencing around
6. Immobilize all equipment with special locking systems.
7. Do background checks on all employees. Make sure the people who have access to your
site are trustworthy.
8. Issue only as many keys as needed or install an access control system that can track
who comes in and out.
9. Install monitored security cameras that have advanced technology that has the ability to
catch intruders in the act and prevent others from coming back. Smart systems can be
We can help you ensure that your site is protected and secure with a specialized, temporary construction site alarm system with monitoring.
Independent Alarm is committed to the safety of our community.
PROVIDING PEACE OF MIND SINCE 1978